Enhance a poignant scene by choosing to animate the scenic background in 2D while the main character is brought to life with 3D techniques. Balance the budget demands of a project by choosing to integrate a 2D or 3D asset to save time and expense. Choose which medium Hybrid Animation, learn the systematic development of the 2D and 3D assets and the issues surrounding choices made during the creative process.
* Achieve 2D and 3D character interactions and learn to animate beyond the mediums of classical animation with class exercises, projects and step by step tutorials for students and advanced amateur animators.
* Produce high-quality 2D and 3D narratives, regardless of the software you use; featuring Photoshop, Corel, Flash, After Effects and Maya workflows.
* Learn from other's experience with featured interviews of industry leaders who have successfully integrated 2D and 3D assets into their own workflows.
* Think critically about visual styles, the effects of 2D/3D overlaying in animation creation and the entire pipeline from start to finish.
* Explore hybrid animation techniques and insider tricks with the global animation community with an online forum and companion website.