In addition, it allows you to mount shared resources as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report if it is found open, resolve host names and auto-detect your local IP range.
Features of SoftPerfect Network Scanner:
* Pings computers and displays those alive.
* Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
* Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
* Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
* Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
* Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
* You can mount and explore network resources.
* Can launch external third party applications.
* Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT
* Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
* Retrieves potentially any information via WMI.
* Retrieves information from remote registry, file system and service manager.
* It is absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.